Membership and Retention Manager
The River Bourne Club is a
friendly and service orientated health club creating a sense of well-being for
our members. It’s an environment where members can deposit their stresses and
strains and leave the health club feeling invigorated and energised.
It’s a fun and a supportive
environment in the club, where we really recognise the importance of all
individuals in contributing to the success of our team. We take time to work
with each other’s strengths to deliver the best possible service to our
members. Our ethos of C.A.R.E (Courtesy, Awareness, Respect and Empowerment) is
not just reserved for our members but pervades all areas of the business.
To be successful in this
role, you will need to:
- Be a target driven and supportive sales
manager who cares about our members goals.
- Demonstrate an effective sales process from
start to finish
- Effectively manage a prospect database
- Identify and lead outreach opportunities with
local businesses and in the wider community.
- Train and develop our front of house team and
duty managers in best sales processes to cover when you are not in.
- Work with the reception manager to drive the
front of house team to achieve the targets.
- Deliver exceptional customer service and lead
by example in everything you do
- Be committed to resolving member
administration issues in a positive manner exceeding customer
- Ensure that club revenue is maximised through
your accurate administration processes.
- Understand fully all our products on offer
from memberships, swimming lessons, classes, personal training to maximise
revenue and customer understanding.
- Demonstrate professional, efficient and high
quality service standards both on the telephone and face to face with
existing and prospective members.
- You will be committed to your ongoing
- Create and maintain a friendly and enjoyable
environment for both the members and team
- Look to engage with new and current members to
help support them through our member journeys.
- Look at ways to develop better retention
programmes in the club through collaboration with other departments.
- Reactivate members who have cancelled their
membership to improve our retention.
- Cover the reception and admin managers if they
are on annual leave/off duty or on sick leave.
- Act up as duty manager on certain days and in
the absence of other senior team members. You will be expected to have one
duty manager shift per week as a minimum.
We are looking for someone
with the following skills and experience;
- Ideally have a minimum of 2 years of sales
- Experience of health club operations
(preferred not essential)
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Experience using computer programmes,
including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Be an enthusiastic and target driven
- Be passionate about service and supporting our
- Be an excellent and effective communicator
Hours of Work
About the benefits
- Competitive basic salary of £22k plus OTE
- Excellent commission structure
- Complimentary membership for yourself and a
- Free Parking
To apply please email Matt Russell, General Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org