To ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience whilst using the gym, we do have a few little rules that we ask our members and guests to abide by.
- Juniors must not use any resistance equipment or free weights.
- Please ensure that your gym clothing is clean and that you are deodorised whilst exercising, no-one likes a ponger! Training tops must be worn at all times.
- Please wear appropriate footwear and clothing at all times whilst working out. All loose jewellery should be removed before exercising.
- No full-contact sparring will take place under any circumstances, if you want to fight take it outside.
- In order to maintain a hygienic environment please use the paper towels and spray provided to wipe the equipment and mats after use.
- In accordance with your induction, please apply good training techniques and practices when using the equipment. If you haven't had an induction why not book one? They are free and could dramatically improve the effectiveness of your workout.
- You are responsible for your own physical condition; you must inform an instructor if you feel faint or unwell whilst exercising. You must also tell the team if you have an accident or develop a medical condition likely to affect your training programme. Please help us to help you.
- Adults must lower weights back down gently with control as inappropriate use will cause damage to the equipment and possible injury to yourself or others - and besides all that it's really, really annoying.
- Adults must replace any dumbbells and equipment immediately after use for health and safety reasons. Equipment must be handled with care; any abuse will result in a loss of membership.
- Please report any equipment defects immediately to a member of staff. Do not attempt to rectify any issues yourself under any circumstances.
- With the exception of bottled water, no food or drinks are permitted on the gym floor & studios.
- Members and guests may not display actions that The River Bourne Club staff deem unsportsmanlike or rude, or misuse, move or alter any portion of the fitness club environment or property.
- Please refrain from the use of mobile phones on the gym floor and studios.
- Please use the available lockers and refrain from taking personal items, bags and coats onto the gym floor and studios.
Be safe and have fun.