Junior Gym (Unsupervised Activity) for 12 - 15 years
Junior Gym is to encourage children to take part in physical activity in a safe environment on our gym floor utilising our cardiovascular equipment. To ensure your child enjoys an effective, fun and safe workout it is essential that all Parents/Guardians of Junior Gym participants complete a health questionnaire for their child and books them a place on a FREE 45 minute Junior Gym group induction with a Fitness Coach prior to using the gym equipment. These inductions are held three times per week on Tuesdays @ 3.30pm - 4.15pm, Thursdays @ 4.00pm - 4.45pm and Saturdays @ 1.30pm - 2.15pm. Please call reception to book your child's space on the Junior Gym group inductions.
Junior Gym participants must be pre-registered as either a Junior Club Member or a PAYG Junior Member linked directly to their parent/guardian's membership.
Please note that children under 16 years old may ONLY use the cardio equipment.
Juniors can only access the gym during the following times:
MONDAY - FRIDAY: 3.30pm - 5.30pm
SATURDAY & SUNDAY: 10.30am - 3.30pm
Suitable for 12 - 15 year olds
FREE for Junior Club Members (these sessions are included as part of our Junior Membership package)
£3.50 for Pay As You Go Juniors
How to book:
If you would like to book your child onto a Junior Gym session please call reception on 01932 560560 to book their place. Bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance.
Junior Gym Etiquette
- Juniors must not use any resistance equipment or free weights
- Please wear appropriate footwear (trainers) and clothing (no jeans) at all times when working out
- No full contact sparring will take place under any circumstances
- In order to maintain a hygienic environment, please use the paper towels and spray provided to wipe the equipment and mats after use
- In accordance with your induction, please apply good training techniques and practices when using the equipment
- You are responsible for your own physical condition; you must contact an instructor if at any time you feel faint or suffer unusual symptoms which give reason for you to believe that you are not well. You must also tell the team should you have an accident or develop a medical condition likely to affect your training programme. Please help us to help you.
- Please report any equipment defects immediately to a member of staff. Do not attempt to rectify any issues yourself under any circumstances
- With the exception of bottled water, no food or drinks are permitted on the gym floor & studios
- All loose jewellery should be removed before exercising
- Members and guests may not display actions that The River Bourne Club staff deem unsportsmanlike or rude, or misuse, move or alter any portion of the fitness club environment or property
- Please refrain from using mobile phones on the gym floor & studios
- Please use available lockers and refrain from taking personal contents, bags and coats onto the gym floor & studios
- Management reserve the right to change, add to and delete rules as they see fit